Re: Re: Breads

 We have actually gone to making our own bread because at the price of bread these days and the way my kids snarf down peanut butter sandwiches, I got to spending a small fortune of bread every week at the store and it turns out to be cheaper to make my own.  My kids think I'm an earth mother, now...and their friends at school are asking their moms how come they don't bake their own bread...LOL!  What goes around always comes around again, just a little differently...

Melody, IA (Z 5/4)

--Albert Einstein --- On Sun 12/15,   wrote:From:  [mailto: Aplfgcnys@aol.com]To: gardenchat@hort.netDate: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 19:21:06 ESTSubject: Re: [CHAT] Re: BreadsYears ago I used to make all of our bread - butter, too, when the milk was not homogenized.  One day one of my sons came home from a neighbor's and said "Ma, why can't we ever have good bread like the Blackmores have?  It's called Wonder, and you can get it at the grocery store."  I still make bread, but only for special events.  AuralieIn a message dated 12/15/2002 6:12:54 PM Eastern Standard Time, kmrsy@earthlink.net writes:> >we are the only country > >of the world that eats that god-awful wonder bread stuff.> >> Man, I have always hated that stuff that turns to dough the minute you bite> into it and sticks to the roof of your mouth.  I grew up on -what else?-> potato bread.  Good solid stuff.  You toasted it for breakfast, made> sandwiches on it for lunch, and that was your bread with dinner, not to> mention a snack before bed.  Wonderful stuff.  It destroys my kitchen when> I make it, so I make a marathon of it and make at least 4 big loaves at a> time and freeze or give to my sister.  Nothing considered to Ma who made it> her whole life, 10-12 loaves at a time.> > When I buy bread now, it has to be that heavy-duty Brownberry stuff, 24oz> wheat bread.  Or I'd take a good tough Jewish rye.---------------------------------------------------------------------To sign-off this list, send email to majordomo@hort.net with themessage text UNSUBSCRIBE GARDENCHAT