RE: Myers Briggs

 A couple of salient points re: extroversion/introversion...for me, as a psych. nurse, I have stayed far, far away from personality tests--I don't really want to know...that would be too much information for me and heaven forbid, what if I found out I was supposed to be the patient?  LOL!!!  I find it interesting that for me, I have two distinct personas--the extroverted student/professional and the introverted social idiot.  Put me in a situation where I am learning something new/interesting or in a situation like work where I am the charge nurse or with the union where I am working on behalf of justice for worker's rights and I am very much an in your face, right up there in the front row type of person.  Give me a group of people that I am supposed to give a presentation to and I do just fine.  Give me that same group of people at a party and I am a total social moron...there are certain people skills like schmoozing and making small talk that I just never learned and I am about the shyest person around in situations that call for me to do these things...any party that my husband manages to drag me to, I usually end up sitting by myself in a corner somewhere, very happily amusing myself by watching people.  I guess it's all a matter of confidence...at work, at school, etc. I am very confident of my abilities but with people, in person in social situations I am not...

Melody, IA (Z 5/4)

--Albert Einstein --- On Sun 12/15, Pamela J. Evans  wrote:From: Pamela J. Evans [mailto: gardenqueen@gbronline.com]To: gardenchat@hort.netDate: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 08:38:37 -0600Subject: RE: [CHAT] Myers BriggsI think the e-mail forum suits the introverted type (myself included) quite well.  It's much easier on a shy person because it's less stressful than face to face communication.  Yes, I am shy - quit laughing...Pam---------- Original Message ----------------------------------From: Cheryl Isaak Reply-To: gardenchat@hort.netDate:  Sun, 15 Dec 2002 07:21:21 -0500>>Hum.... interesting that all in introverts are responding.>>>>Although I need my garden time to get my head together (which makes me>>an introvert), I also need time with my friends to gain my sense of>>humor back and regain control of my stressed life. (so does that make me>>an extrovert )....>>>>It always amazes my DH that no matter where we go, I always run into>>someone I know.... and it doesn't matter what state we are in. :(  I am>>not one that looks the other way, always stop to say hi. So a five>>minute trip into a store can last a good hour.... boy does that tick him>>off.>>>Interesting - a friend complains (more a tease) that it doesn't >matter where she and I go, I meet some one I know. One year at the >New England Flower Show, I meet 6 people I knew - some from work, >some from my daylily group.>>Cheryl>-- >Cheryl Isaak>Londonderry, NH>AHS Region 4, USDA Zone 4B/5A>growing, stitching and reading in NH>>--------------------------------------------------------------------->To sign-off this list, send email to majordomo@hort.net with the>message text UNSUBSCRIBE GARDENCHAT>>--Pam EvansKemp TX/zone 8A-----------------------------------------------------------------------To sign-off this list, send email to majordomo@hort.net with themessage text UNSUBSCRIBE GARDENCHAT