Re: Intro- Mariana

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@earthlink.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2002 2:37 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Intro- Mariana

> > Hopefully it
> > won't be fatal for your
> > husband either.
> I bet he'll be more careful in future - if he knows what's good for him!
>
> Hi Marianna,
> Good to have you with us.

Thank you.

> I'm not an orchid person myself,

How could you not be? WOW...they're just the most amazing things on
earth.... ahem [chill, she says to herself in a hush voice]...

but do understand
> your feelings about your plants.

I love my begonias, and have quite a few of them, including one that I am
not able to ID for almost a year now.  I have to admit though, I have been
neglecting these exquisite beauties since my condition progressed.  These
days, I water them and "feed" them, but I don't talk to them as much
anymore....I feel terrible guilt over it btw.

Must be terrific to be right there in the
> BBG surrounded by so much loveliness.

I wish I had more time to spend there.  Time is a problem that everyone
seems to have.  Between the orchids, work, two kids, the orchids, family,
car, the orchids, the house, the dogs, the fish, the in-laws it is tough to
find the time.  Thus far I've completed the soil management and fertilizer
application class, and it was very difficult, I thought that after reading
"everything" that I possibly could on the topic of soil, I'd zoom through
the class...little did I know ;).  It was a really nice hands on class.
Unfortunately, we couldn't spend much time out doors because it was in the
fall, and at 6pm darkness was setting, which was when the class would start.
I learned some chemistry, which I consider quite ironic.  The fact that my
college chem professor signed my year book with "I hope lifes isn't as tough
as chemistry was" makes the irony rich :).  Learned quite a few interesting
things which I plan to incorporate into my vegetable garden in the upcoming
spring.

Since your head is full of all the
> terrific info you're acquiring there, count on the rest of us to be
picking
> your brain for new insights.

It would be my pleasure.

As to your ailing dendrobiums, I'm sure there
> are a couple of people on this list who may be able to help you out.

See, that's the thing, I am not certain that the denrob is actually sick :).
I do believe that some dendrobs shed their coat in the winter, I'm just not
certain that mine is of that species.

Mariana