From: "James R. Fisher" <garrideb@well.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2002 6:41 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Intro- Mariana

> > As to your ailing dendrobiums, I'm sure there
> >
> >>are a couple of people on this list who may be able to help you out.
> >

> > See, that's the thing, I am not certain that the denrob is actually sick
> > I do believe that some dendrobs shed their coat in the winter, I'm just
> > certain that mine is of that species.
> >
> > Mariana
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> Indeed, a number of them do, flowering in spring from bare stems.

Which species does that?

> Does yours have a name to go with it ? If so, I _might_ be able
> to hazard an opinion.

Please do.  It is Dendrobium Compactum Gouldii x Udom Blue.  The other
dendrobium I'm afraid I do not have an id for.  And though I did upload an
image of it to my briefecase (http://briefcase.yahoo.com/gardengrl911) I
understand that there is over 1000 species in this family, which means that
there are lord knows how many hybrids and mine surely is one of them.  But I
do not believe it to be anything fancy, as it is a HomeDepot plant.  Anyway,
both dendrobium images are there, in the folder accordingly named "Indoor
Obsession".  I uploaded the pictures of when they looked good, and the way
they look now with the yellowing leaves.  I sincerely hope that you share
your thoughts with me.