Re: Jim's begonia's picture link NOW photography

> Does anyone on this list use one of the high end digital cameras? I am
> looking into buying one for the company I work for. The current list of
> possible ones:
>
> Canon EOS D60
> Fuji S2 Pro
> Nikon D100
> Nikon D1X

Hi Donna,

   Personally, I was looking at the Nikon line because my film camera
   is a Nikon with the same style of mounts for the lenses.  This way
   I could use the same lenses for both the digital and film cameras.

   I was actually all set and ready to buy a D100 a couple of months
   ago, but this review (very in-depth, 22 pages) changed my mind.

      http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond100/

   The most disappointing aspect of the camera was the sharpness.
   It seems to add a little bit of 'fuzz' that ends up obscuring fine
   detail.  The EOS D60 seemed to be much sharper, but of course it doesn't
   have the F-mount lenses that I need.

   That left me with the D1- line, but those guys are too expensive
   for me.  If you can afford it, they're far superior to most
   digital camera bodies out there.  The body is much tougher and
   the image quality is fantastic.  Here's a 27-page review:

      http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond1x/

   I ended up buying some lenses instead.

   Another one that you might want to look at is the Sigma SD-9.  This
   camera uses the new X3 sensor which provides much truer and richer
   colors with increased sharpness.

      http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sigmasd9/

   I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I could use my Nikkor lenses with it.

   I'm not too familiar with the Canon/Fuji lines, but here are reviews
   for those two that you mentioned:

      http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujis2pro/
      http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneosd60/

   Hope that helps!