RE: NOW photography

I am not a camera nut, so putting me in charge of buying this is nuts.
That said :)

Money is not an issue, I am not paying for it and the company budget
would allow me to purchase a camera as well as some lenses. (Yes, Chris
even the Nikon D1X)

We are a remanufacturer and produce our own catalogs with pictures, as
well as weekly sale flyer. I need something that can take a close up
very clearly! We currently have a canon ae1 (I think), but it was very
old with appropriate lenses. Owner took the camera home for some reason,
kids (very young) started playing with, dropped it, and it is history :(

Jim F, I was of the assumption that I could use the old canon lenses on
the digital version... but after your comment, not so sure anymore. We
have one that you can take a picture of a letter and it is crystal

Chris, I will read the reviews... thanks! I did have the opportunity to
use a Nikon D1, a newspaper reporter I was giving a guided garden tour
for one of my groups had it. It was really heavy! Although it appeared
that it was taking great photos, I was not impressed with those
published in the paper. It could be due to that type of printing tho.

Jim S.... not sure I can find that article on cameras, but will give it
a shot. And I do understand what you are saying... just cause it is
expensive doesn't make it good... that's why I was inquiring :)