Re: NOW photography

> Jim F, I was of the assumption that I could use the old canon lenses on
> the digital version... but after your comment, not so sure anymore. We
> have one that you can take a picture of a letter and it is crystal
> clear.

If they have the same mounts (probably) you can use the lens, but you
may not get all of the camera's whiz-bang features like auto-focus,
different types of metering, etc.

> Chris, I will read the reviews... thanks! I did have the opportunity to
> use a Nikon D1, a newspaper reporter I was giving a guided garden tour
> for one of my groups had it. It was really heavy! Although it appeared
> that it was taking great photos, I was not impressed with those
> published in the paper. It could be due to that type of printing tho.

Having a great camera doesn't mean that you'll take great photos.  :)
Could be that the reporter wasn't worthy of it.  Or, like you say, the
printing might have done it.

After hearing what you're doing, the Sigma really might be worth looking
into.

Chris