RE: Bread thing

 Claire:  Thanks for the words of encouragement...the internet makes the world at large so small and as someone who rarely leaves her homestate, it is a real treat!!!  I try as best I can to avoid our local library as it sits smack dab in the center of our university area and there is no parking!!!  It's a royal pain...but we do have a smaller library in one of our connecting towns and while I'm on vacation I'll go check them out!  Thanks for the suggestion.  Also...do you suppose if I just checked out a search on the net for "ethnic breads" I might come up with something worthwhile?  I think I'll try that tonight while I'm at work and the patients are all sleeping (that's a nice Christmas present for me, the nurse!!!)  I hope with that storm coming you get to stay safe and warm inside for the the holiday...I hear NY can be brutal in the winter!  Hot cocoa would be my suggestion...and lots of it!  Merry Christmas!!

Melody, IA (Z 5/4)

--Albert Einstein --- On Wed 12/25,   wrote:From:  [mailto: ECPep@aol.com]To: gardenchat@hort.netDate: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 02:57:53 ESTSubject: [CHAT] Bread thingbeing the ignorant white girl from Iowa that I am, could anybody out there give me some suggestions as to what some of these would be...I'll bet my kids would love to do something like this...that's a great idea, Jim--thanks!>>>>>There is no such thing as an ignorant white girl from Iowa on a computer.  When you are young with small children, many other things monopolize your attention.  I am from a very ethnic background and quite the opposite took place.  Husband and I tried to escape from all the strange breads from time to time.  However, Melody, drop in at the local library where you will be overwhelmed with cookbooks.  The bread section should be all shelved together and the selection is huge.  After all these years we are again popular with the younger set as we know how to make all kinds of ethnic foods.  I am not a good cook, don't like cooking and baking,  but can produce some stuff with unpronounceable names for the occasional holiday.  You can too.Claire PeplowskiNYS z4 - with a big storm coming for Christmas Day.Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com