Re: life IS good

 Auralie:  Thanks so much--I will definitely tuck that away for remembering at the appropriate time.  I try very hard to not use my parent's behavior as an excuse for my own adult behavior so hopefully, I will have the guts to remember the same when it comes to my own kids.  :-)  Hope you had a good Christmas!!

Melody, IA (Z 5/4)

--Albert Einstein --- On Wed 12/25,   wrote:From:  [mailto: Aplfgcnys@aol.com]To: gardenchat@hort.netDate: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 15:10:09 ESTSubject: Re: [CHAT] life IS goodIn a message dated 12/25/2002 3:17:42 AM Eastern Standard Time, mhobertm@excite.com writes:> Janet:  Thanks for the kind words, but my real hope lies in my children and > what kind of parents they will be some day...then I will be able to look > back on my life and know how well I did at breaking the cycle...Every day I > must remember that and do my best to bring up kids who will be good parents > to my future grandchildren.  :-)> > Melody, IA (Z 5/4)> Please, please remember that no matter how hard you work at bringing up your children, and I'm quite sure you do an excellent job of it, they may not always turn out quite the way you wanted them to.  You must never blame yourself if, as adults, they do not always adhere to what you have taught them.  I know you may not believe this now, but tuck this away or future reference  twenty years down the road.  I have a dear friend right now who is having a really hard time accepting that her 40-year old daughter is behaving in a very self-destructive way.  My friend keeps saying "What did I do wrong?"  Even her other children try to reassure her that it is not what she did - that the daughter is an adult who must take responsibility for her own actions.  And then there's what my grandmother always used to say:  "The Bible says that if you bring up a child in the way he should go, when he is old he will not depart from it, but it doesn't say anything about what he will do in the meantime."  Auralie---------------------------------------------------------------------To sign-off this list, send email to majordomo@hort.net with themessage text UNSUBSCRIBE GARDENCHAT

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com