Re: Orchids

Hello Cathy,
    There are plenty of species orchids growing all about you. Next time you
pay a visit to the library or local book store pick up a copy of a local
wildflower guide. If you are already a shade gardener, then pick some photos
that appeal to you and begin reading up on them a bit. Not all orchids are
super specific on environment. I am sure you make alterations to the soil in
your garden for other perennials.
    Begin with some of the less expensive and sensitive species such as the
fragrant lady tresses orchid.. Spiranthes cernua. I happen to like the
Cranefly orchid... Tipularia discolor. Then there is the showy orchis. They
are out there, Cathy.
    Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com