Re: [CHAt model trains

Just read an article in a model railroad magazine that one of the most
famous of model railroaders was none other than Walt Disney.  On his five
acres near Los Angeles he built eighteen miles of track on a large model
train that was big enough for him to sit on and give his kids a ride on.
His original plan was go through his wife's garden but after revealing his
plan she quickly put a nix on that idea.  Instead he tunneled under the
garden and both presumably were happy ever after.  If you've been to
Disneyland you'll notice many of the rides are train based and that is from
his love of model trains.

Gene, I've just discovered the fun with HO scale trains.  I hope to design
and build a modest 4'x8' model soon.  In fact, there is a model train show
this weekend.  (My wife just read this and suggested I tunnel under the
house to accommodate the train...she's such a card!)

I built a small victorian city around the Christmas tree this year.  My
first time.  It included an O scale train that rides on HO scale track.
Looks pretty cool and seemed to fulfull the Norman Rockwell thing.

DF