RE: RE: Theresa, found the perfect thing for you.....

No, no.
I outline a new bed, then shred leaves and pile them about a foot high on
top of the grass.  Over the winter this kills the grass and the leaves
decompose down to only a few inches over the dead grass.  In late spring I
just turn everything over so that the leaf mold and dead grass get mixed
into the soil providing humus, thus improving the clay soil.  This way I
use the leaves, there's no sod to remove(meaning less back-braking labor),
and the bed is greatly improved.

Kitty