RE: Minor list change

Thanks Chris- we appreciate all efforts and hopefully this one will free up
some of your time as well.  Happy New Year!

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Christopher P. Lindsey
Sent: Friday, December 27, 2002 8:42 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] Minor list change

Hi everyone,

   Hope your holiday seasons are going well!

   As my gift to you, I've probably gone and broken this mailing list.  :)
   Well, I hope not, but it's entirely possible.

   As some of you might recall, there were problems with some messages that
   had really long lines in them.  An entire paragraph without line breaks
   in it would be treated as a single sentence, so sometimes the mailing
   list software would flag that message as unusual[1] and it would be
   held for administrative approval.

   I've gone ahead and written a quick program to find long lines in
   messages and break them into smaller subparts before sending them
   through to the mailing lists, so hopefully this problem will go away
   and messages will appear instantaneously instead of waiting until
   I approve them.  It also means that the cool new feature that I'm
   planning on announcing for hort.net will be easier to implement now.

   Anyhow, I don't forsee any problems, but if something looks like it
   came out with weird formatting it's entirely possible that it's a result
   of me tinkering with the list's innards.  I'll be monitoring things
   closely and have backups of all messages sent to the list *before*
   they were converted, so I can resend something if my program screwed it
   up too much.

   Thanks for being patient,

[1] http://www.hort.net/lists/gardenchat/dec02/msg00323.html