RE: trains in the garden/birds

I wonder if a greater variety of seed would bring greater variety of
birds...I use a mix with some thistle added for the finches.  The doves and
other ground feeders usually pick up most of the fallen seed so I have few
"bird seed volunteers" to weed out.

Also received the Smithsonian bird book as a gift...great for bird
watching...in the winter, I try to id as many as possible and usually have
at least 12-15 species at the feeders during the day.  Occasionally
(because it is expensive), I fill one small feeder with a fruit and nut
mix.  The birds love it and I see more variety when I use it.

Bonnie zone 6+ ETN