Re: herbs and spices; OT

David Franzman wrote:

In general though herbs are leafy plants whose leaves are used either whole or
crushed.  A spice is a seed or bark of certain or plants.  I can't think of an
exception to that right now but I'm sure there are some.
Hmm. I agree, but at that rate Tea is an herb and Coffee a spice...
Jim Fisher
Vienna, Virginia USA
38.9 N 77.2 W
USDA Zone 7