"Infecting oak trees"

To: gardenchat@hort.net
From: jim singer <jsinger@igc.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 20:25:50 -0500
one of my personal missions is to infect as many live oaks as i can with the native orchid i discovered a couple of years ago. it's a beautiful flower that does no harm to its host, and--from the nursery's point of view--adds value to the oak trees.<<

Jim, I was wondering if you could explain what you mean by your last statement about value added to the oak tree.  Can you expand on this a bit?

Thank you,
NYC Brooklyn, Zone 6b