Re: OT - Texas Twang

Nice piece, Kitty. I almost forwarded it, too.

On Monday, December 1, 2003, at 04:09 PM, kmrsy@comcast.net wrote:

I don't know if thisa will be too long for the list, but, I thought several of y'all would be interested.
Kitty
From the NYT: COLLEGE STATION, Tex.  "Are yew jus' tryin' to git me to talk, is that the ah-deah?"
That was the idea. John O. Greer, an architecture teacher at Texas A&M
University, sat at his dining table between two interrogators and their
tape recorder. They had precisely 258 questions for him. But it waddn
what he said that interested them most. It was how he said it.
Island Jim
Southwest Florida
Zone 10