From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Marge Talt
Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2003 10:07 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] garden wall progress

Wow, Theresa, that is a major wall!  Looks great.   You have some
lovely pix and I am quite jealous of your yellow Clivia:-)

One thing I forgot to mention is to make sure you don't put your fill
up against that tree trunk - hold it back about 6" all the way around
the trunk.  Otherwise, you're asking for major trunk rot to set in.

You guys have done a whale of a job there!

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Spring Peepers
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

----------
> From: Theresa <tchessie@comcast.net>
>
> I've posted photos of the progress to date on the garden wall we're
building
> around the front yard. I've also included a photo of the house when
we
> bought it, and one of the side yard when I pulled down with fence
and
> installed lattice panels.  Couldn't find a digital photo of the
phase with a
> raised bed just around the front tree though.  The wall isn't done
yet,
> still have to cut the ones for corners, and get lots more dirt.
Then
> finally I can plant everything waiting for a home on my back porch!

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tchessie/lst?.dir=/Garden+pics&.src=p
h&.ord

er=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tchessie/lst%3f%2
6.dir=
> /Garden%2bpics%26.src=ph%26.view=t
>

> I did manage to get more snow peas and spinach planted today too!
Now to do