Re: Mail Order Nurseries / One Speaks

Hello Pam,
    I suppose you are noticing that I left out the deep southern portion of
the US. I did that because I have not experience growing that far away from
me and did not want to pass around any bad advice. Texas is one hey of a big
state... you have several climates down your way depending upon exactly
where in your state you live.
    Is there a local wildflower society you can check with? See what you
already have down your way. I am sure there are species from your area. As
to the foreign, some so the Chinese summer and fall blooming gentian should
do for you given a bit more shade than I would give them here. But then, you
need some winter cold for dormancy.
    Try one of the lesser expensive plants and see.... Wish I had better
advice for you, but do not like to (knowingly)pass out poop...
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5  Southern Indiana