Re: Mail Order Nurseries

Hello Donna,
    Marge did a great job of making things pretty clear on wholesalers, I
think. I can tell you this about selling plants from here. I am not a
wholesaler, but all businesses have people in the background that have to
make a living.
    We do a cost analysis each year. I know to the penny what each plant
must sell for if I am to be back in business next year. If you do not meet
costs you gradually go out of business. Period. I know that a lot of
nurseries subsidize their nurseries by working at other jobs, keeping it
afloat with outside income. Like many farmers. That one is really an
illusion and self delusion. If we got paid for the labor JoAn and I do here
you probably would not purchase a plant. And that is not an exaggeration.
That, too, is changing however, as smaller businesses get better educated by
Small Business Admin,. other government agencies.
    Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com