Re: Mail Order Nurseries

I'm sure Gene can speak to this with more accuracy than I can, but
from what I know about the business, most nurseries do buy in plugs
or liners for some things.  The best do this because, as you pointed
out, not everybody can grow everything well.  But, the best nurseries
are still working on propagating something - whatever it is that
interests them most, usually.   To me, that's what a nursery is - a
place that grows plants...otherwise it's just a retailer:-)

There's also a lot of horse trading among nursery folk - right Gene?

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Spring Peepers