Re: Re: What are you reading/cats NOW deer

> I wish more people would go out and save a wonderful
> creature

Another story to share.  Our City Council passed new laws concerning animals
in the city limits.  No home can have more than 5 dogs or 7 cats ot 7 total
combination.  Then they declared all exotic animals banned.  This includes
dogs that are any part wolf.

A local 78 yr old man rescued a big white dog that was being neglected.  His
wife had died and then his dog died and he had no one until he rescued Lady.
He's had her 4 yrs now and the neighbor kids love her.  The man takes her to
nursing homes for people to pet and for those who can, they take her for
walks around the parking lot.  A couple of yrs ago when Lady got her shots,
the vet wrote down that she was half malmute, half wolf.  The city now
insists that if he doesn't get rid of her by the end of the week, she'll be
put to sleep.  He said they can just put him down then too.  Another elderly
couple - the man on disability, the woman w/ MS, have been told they have to
lose their part wolf pet too.

This has the town in an uproar.  Petitions are being signed, letters to the
editor are being written (I've done both)  Now the Council has been forced
to call an emergency session next week to discuss it, but it doesn't look
promising.  Personally, I know poodles that pose more threat than these 2
dogs.  Yes, some may pose a problem, but this zero tolerance stuff is just
too rigid.

Kitty