Re: now hosta

Well, Pam, if it's still bone dry where you are, I'd continue to
water.  Hosta roots still need some water to keep functioning even
with no top growth - they have large crowns.  Maybe not as much -
hard to say - but you don't want them to go bone dry any time.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Spring Peepers
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

> From: Pamela J. Evans <gardenqueen@gbronline.com>
> That's exactly what my hosta is doing! Should I cut down on the
water
> since it's going dormant? Any hosta needs shade here. And this is
one of
> the blue ones, Elegans I think. Since this is under two trees, one
on
> each side, it has protection from hail. And that's what North
Texans