Re: what are you reading?

These looked to be older library books. We do have a Friends of the
Library organization here too, doing much the same thing. My guess is
that it had something to do with a complete revamping of our library
system here. The library wanted $15 million to enlarge the main library,
improve existing satellite libraries and completely rebuild a few
satellites. This was another one of those uproar/petition things here in
Fort Wayne. People will spend anything to expand sporting arenas, but
libraries? Well we won and the expansion is going on now and will be for
some time. I think that with this huge overhaul there may have been too
many books to dispose of and too labor an money intensive to offer to
the public. Too much hassle and $freight$ to try to send where they
could be used. But it is still a shame. These books were usable.