Re: what are you reading?

Oh Daryl you forgot nuns! Always seemed like THE career for some of the
smarter girls in Catholic school who didn't seem like the marrying type
(me included). Oh how I would pray that God would forgive me for hoping
that I would never get "THE CALL" to be a nun! You must know the setting
when I grew up: born in 1955 to a typical, even sterotypical
Italian-American family, bilinqual, loud, and dysfunctional in its own
cultural niche! So to have a son or daughter "in service" in the church
(ooops, Church), was a family's discounted ticket to heaven!

But I do remember one detail about the nuns growing up and it's garden
related: It always seemed that the only times nuns were permitted to
roam around the alter was to set out the flowers. I do remember watching
them arrange the flowers with such care and even seeing an inkling of
humanity in some.

Fran, OKC