From:  [mailto: kmrsy@comcast.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 14:28:29 +0000
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Mail Order Nurseries / One Speaks

Melody,<br>One other thing to consider with early shipping...<br>How
long will the box be sitting outside. If usps delivery - does
your<br>carrier deliver your mail early and would it sit outside until
you get<br>home that night? UPS deliveries to residences are usually
done in<br>afternoon - they take care of business customers first. Or is
someone<br>home to take the package in? I have everything delivered to
my office so<br>it's never left outside. However, most packages are well
insulated<br>enough to get by for awhile and most plants can handle
pretty low temps,<br>so I don't think it is much of a problem. Just
thought I should bring it<br>up if this would be a consideration. Maybe
Kitty: That ordering for shipping is April is brilliant! That then
gives<br>> me the luxury of time...ooh, I see a whole new world opening
5/4)<br>> <br>> "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the
kmrsy@comcast.net > wrote:<br>> From: [mailto: kmrsy@comcast.net]<br>>
To: gardenchat@hort.net<br>> Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 14:28:35 +0000<br>>
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Mail Order Nurseries / One Speaks<br>> <br>>
Melody... You will also sometimes have been asked for a shipping
date.<br>> Consequently you'll tell them sometime in May because that's
when it's<br>> warm enough to put them in the ground - when you're busy
as all get out.<br>> Here's what I do: I tell them to send my plants in
mid-April...You may<br>> think that handling these plants twice is extra
work, but it is all<br>> easily done on your own schedule and I think

The most personalized portal on the Web!<br>> <br>>
To sign-off th

is list, send email to majordomo@hort.net with the<br>> message text

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com