From: Jesse Bell [mailto: jesserenebell@hotmail.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 08:43:49 -0600
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Re: What are you reading/cats NOW deer

That's crazy. Then they need to outlaw about half the dog breeds out
there. <br> Cocker Spaniels are on the number one worst list for biting.
What about <br>pit bulls (my stepson has two that are gentle giants).
I've said it <br>before...and I'll say it again.....PEOPLE ARE
<kmrsy@comcast.net><br>>Reply-To: gardenchat@hort.net<br>>To:
<gardenchat@hort.net><br>>Subject: Re: [CHAT] Re: What are you
> I wish more people would go out and save a wonderful<br>> >
creature<br>><br>>Another story to share. Our City Council passed new
laws concerning <br>>animals<br>>in the city limits. No home can have
more than 5 dogs or 7 cats ot 7 total<br>>combination. Then they
declared all exotic animals banned. This includes<br>>dogs that are any
part wolf.<br>><br>>A local 78 yr old man rescued a big white dog that
was being neglected. <br>>His<br>>wife had died and then his dog died
and he had no one until he rescued <br>>Lady.<br>>He's had her 4 yrs now
and the neighbor kids love her. The man takes her <br>>to<br>>nursing
homes for people to pet and for those who can, they take her
for<br>>walks around the parking lot. A couple of yrs ago when Lady got
her shots,<br>>the vet wrote down that she was half malmute, half wolf.
The city now<br>>insists that if he doesn't get rid of her by the end of
the week, she'll be<br>>put to sleep. He said they can just put him down
then too. Another <br>>elderly<br>>couple - the man on disability, the
woman w/ MS, have been told they have <br>>to<br>>lose their part wolf
pet too.<br>><br>>This has the town in an uproar. Petitions are being
signed, letters to the<br>>editor are being written (I've done both) Now
the Council has been forced<br>>to call an emergency session next week
to discuss it, but it doesn't look<br>>promising. Personally, I know
poodles that pose more threat than these 2<br>>dogs. Yes, some may pose
a problem, but this zero tolerance stuf

-----<br>>From: <Zemuly@aol.com><br>>To: <gardenchat@hort.net><br>>Sent:
Wednesday, December 03, 2003 7:21 PM<br>>Subject: Re: [CHAT] Re: What
12/3/2003 3:59:34 PM Central Standard Time,<br>> >
jesserenebell@hotmail.com writes:<br>> > I wish more people would go out
and save a wonderful<br>> > creature for Christmas. *sigh*<br>> > Me,
too! I have noticed a new presence who told me his name was Clyde
--<br>> > guess that means I'm up to 31. A while back I tried to get
only one person responded with a 7<br>>pound<br>> > bag. I use between
50 and 75 pounds of dry food per week. I have to<br>>share an<br>> >
awesome experience my grandson and I had last Saturday. We arrived at
car when I hear a huge<br>>commotion<br>> > -- lots of running feet and
grunting. I looked up to see a tiny buck<br>>(looked<br>> > like an
8-point) and about 8 tiny does running as fast as they could
ran into the magnolia <br>>tree<br>> > there when she first saw us. They
all stopped and looked at us (we were<br>>only<br>> > about 25 feet away
from them), and, as if they recognized us, the does<br>>calmly<br>> >
began to graze while the buck slowly walked to the edge of the woods
running from the literally<br>>hundreds<br>> > of hunters in the woods
just how small the deer in this area really are. They way they
are<br>>described<br>> > under the kill shots in the paper ("Big Bad

--<br>> > To sign-off this list, send email to majordomo@hort.net with
the<br>> > message text UNSUBSCRIBE
sign-off this list, send email to majordomo@hort.net with
the<br>>message text UNSUBSCRIBE
of slow downloads and busy signals? Get a high-speed Internet

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com