From:  [mailto: Aplfgcnys@aol.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 17:53:57 EST
Subject: Re: [CHAT] what are you reading?

In a message dated 12/04/2003 5:09:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
being a librarian *was a life. The only life <br>> a<br>> spinster had
other than as teachers and nurses. And the teachers and nurses<br>> were
by nature sociable, while librarians were definitely not interested
one librarian in that era who was genuinely interested in<br>> helping
people enjoy books. The rest of them seemed to consider themselves<br>>
guardians of the sacred books. Woe be unto any kid that might dog-ear
a<br>> page, or get fingerprints on one, or (gasp) write in one. Not
of librarians - having been one myself. I <br>assure you that in the
early 50s when I was a librarian at the Pensacola Naval <br>Base, those
comments did not apply. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with <br>one,
but the stereotype does not necessarily apply to all librarians. I have

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com