From: F M Ferrari [mailto: fm4re@swbell.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 17:29:19 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [CHAT] what are you reading?

Oh Daryl you forgot nuns! Always seemed like THE career for some of
the<br>smarter girls in Catholic school who didn't seem like the
marrying type<br>(me included). Oh how I would pray that God would
forgive me for hoping<br>that I would never get "THE CALL" to be a nun!
You must know the setting<br>when I grew up: born in 1955 to a typical,
even sterotypical<br>Italian-American family, bilinqual, loud, and
dysfunctional in its own<br>cultural niche! So to have a son or daughter
"in service" in the church<br>(ooops, Church), was a family's discounted
nuns growing up and it's garden<br>related: It always seemed that the
only times nuns were permitted to<br>roam around the alter was to set
out the flowers. I do remember watching<br>them arrange the flowers with

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com