Re: was What are you reading? now Best Friends for animals

Hi, Kitty,

Slugger sounds like quite the character. Rescued critters always come
with baggage, don't they? It's great you have made room in your heart
and home for one more needy cat. Maybe Slugger will become less confused
about expressing his true feelings over time. (We can hope.)

Your donations to The Tenth Life could not be more important. The
organization works hard to meet a huge need. I only wish the people that
run that operation could somehow expand to accomodate and/or adopt out
more cats, because I have never known them to be able to accept a new
cat under any circumstances. They are the only place locally that does
house unwanted cats and they can't meet the demand. More no-kill kitty
sanctuaries like Tenth Life are desperately needed across the U.S.

As for me and Best Friends, I became a member after reading several
copies of their magazine. Although Angel Canyon is states away from me,
I send what I can to them because they help me understand what goes on
behind the scenes at the sanctuary, and reading the magazine makes me
feel good and hopeful. I am SO tired of having animal rights and shelter
organizations tell me how horrible their plight is, and how I am not
doing enough to help! Like you, my donation money has its limits.

I also choose to support Best Friends because I believe that the folks
there would help me find a home for any animal in need at any time,
anywhere. They were very helpful when I contacted them about the caged
doves I rescued, and they eventually found a good home for them not too
far from me--but it took a little while and the birds and I bonded
during the wait, so they still live here. Feathers everywhere.

Wendy