Re: now Best Friends for animals

Wendy
Re Tenth Life....they do hope to expand, but they've gone through a
horrible, expensive ordeal in the last couple of years. Berka, the woman
who gave her home over to care for senior and special needs cats is in
her 70s ( I think). Her husband died a yr or 2 ago and then one of her
volunteers turned on her, stole money and sued her. Recently she's had a
car accident and has fallen a few times. There are other volunteers, but
this one wheedled her way into her confidence, set up a board of
directors for her to "make Berka's job easier", slyly changed the name
of one of their funds and then tried to trash Berka's reputation and
then walked off with the money. She personally contacted contributors to
trash the woman and get them to come over to her new pet project. It's
pretty sad.

They do take in new cats when they can, but you're right, that's not
often enough. They do have a new building fund and it is growing. But
that one volunteer put a huge dent in them. Hopefully when they've
raised enough money to rebuild they'll be able to take in more cats.

Kitty