Re: Artemisia ludoviciana

Jesse, how strange.  I just had a member of our city administration email me
looking for a source for this plant.  'Silver King'  is a give away plant
around here.  I keep some in my garden for drying and also have some in the city
garden.  Each spring I pull this plant by the hand full as it is a traveler but
easy to thin.
    Here is a bit from her email: " It is the tall, single stem, blue-grey
sage that is native in the northern plains (South Dakota).  Our Native American
friends dry the plant and
then use it in their sweat lodge ceremonies.  Burning it signifies prayer,
and purification."
    Blue Nursery (Nebraska) is a wholesale supplier and they also have a
retail outlet on site but I don't know about mail orders.  How much do you need?
    Ceres