Re: what are you reading?/ Burroughs

> From: Gene Bush <genebush@otherside.com>
> Nothing but old memories are in my tea cup, Marge.
>     When I was a preteen with a full set of raging hormones I would
accept
> anything on face value in the story if there was a princesses as a
reward in
> the story. Do you remember the covers on those books?? Some of the
sexiest
> art ever done is on the cover of science fiction-fantasy books.
----------

Well, Gene, got my fair share of those as well.  I think I must have
been maybe 10 or 11 when I started reading the Tarzan books; of
course, read them more than once.  Well, most of the ones we had were
sans cover.  I think they may have been original editions or
something as I am sure my father bought them as they came out - but
the dust jackets bit the dust.  Tho' I do recall some rather lurid
paperback covers, now you mention it:-)

Ah the days of raging hormones:-)  I think one of the few benefits of
"maturing" is losing that rage - makes life a lot less traumatic:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Spring Peepers