Re: rainfall

 I applaud that nursery for giving rainfall requirments, although I think
most folks have a problem with generalized Charts because they do not give very
detailed or accurate information for most areas.  I don't know how valuable
this is in other parts of the country, but here in Texas,  rainfall is a topic
that is very critical and much discussed.  The chart says that there are only 3
zones for the entire state of Texas??  WOW.  There is an "official" Rainfall
chart for Texas that shows that Houston itself has at least 5 different zones.
I live in far west Houston (outside the city limits), actually on the border
of Harris (Houston) and Fort Bend Counties.  I live no more than 30 miles from
down town Houston.  From my area to downtown are three zones.  According to
the Texas Rainfall chart my area gets 8 inches less rain per year than down
town.  This is very visible in the plants that I can grow vs. those that are
grown down town, or parts east.  Although some folks lump my area as the far
eastern part of South Central Texas, this would be inaccurate too, considering that
we are more humid and get much more rain than San Antonio which is also in
South Central. Therefore, I grow many plants that my mom in SA is unable to.

Thus, I am a firm believer that rainfall requirements are very helpful when
choosing plants, especially here in Texas.  Zones are helpful, but rainfall
amounts narrow the field even more.
Too bad this info isn't added to the description on plants along with the

zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

I just received the new High Country Gardens catalogue. On pg 37 they