Re: box store plants

Three points. One, Hines is now in bedding plants also. It bought Lovell Farms, a very large grower in Homestead, a year or two ago. We buy our bedding plants from them, so does Home Depot and Wal-Mart. Two. I regularly see members of Home Depot's garden staff in the hort classes at Selby. I don't know if it's mandatory or personal. Three. If I had a contract with someone to grow something for me, whether it was a frying chicken or a pot of tulips, you better believe that contract would specify exactly the minimum acceptable production specifications. Good old boy handshakes don't guarantee a specific quantity of a specific quality.