From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Zemuly@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, December 06, 2003 9:47 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] was What are you reading? now Best Friends for animals

In a message dated 12/5/2003 12:50:49 PM Central Standard Time,
wendyswope@mindspring.com writes:
I am SO tired of having animal rights and shelter
organizations tell me how horrible their plight is, and how I am not
doing enough to help!
Oh, Lord, don't get me started. No vets in my county (Fayette) will work
with
me to get feral cats spayed or neutered.  I must drive them to Memphis (at
least 50 miles) to get any break, and I would have to lie to get free
spay/neuter services.  The good citizens of this county never get their
animals
neutered.  My neighbor always thought it was cute to have her grandchildren
see the
kittens (twice yearly) until I suggested she also take the grands to the
pound
to see them put down if they wanted the whole story, since her husband
always
took them there when the "started to smell" (her words, not mine).  We are
not
very friendly.

zem
zone 7