Glaucoma

I've had glaucoma for probably a dozen years now. It causes pressure to build up within the eye, which damages the optic nerve. Easy to keep the pressure under control with once-a-day eye drops. Or they can blast open the ducts with a laser so the pressure doesn't built up. But the ducts slowly close up again and the laser treatment only lasts about 10 years--at least that was my experience with my left eye.