RE: Another OT-allergies/now animal cruelty and its opposite

How awesome. I have to say, that is one of the reasons I was drawn to my current husband. He should have been a vet. Animals are so attracted to him...and vise versa. He just loves them. He brings 95% of the animals home, not me...and when I do bring one home..he falls in love with them too. I couldn't be married to somebody who does not have a love and respect for animals and nature. (He used to hunt...not anymore...after doing the rehab thing...he just couldn't go deer hunting again).

JRB

From: "Bonnie & Bill Morgan" <wmorgan972@ameritech.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Another OT-allergies/now animal cruelty and its opposite
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 06:02:03 -0500

Fortunately for me, Santa Bill has had numerous "pet nights" and I haven't
seen a critter--big or small--that wouldn't just melt in his arms. His love
for animals is just one of the reasons I fell for him. Shortly after we got
married, a little bird flew into a window and was knocked to the ground. He
ran outside and picked up the little bird and tried to examine it. The poor
thing had internal injuries and died in his hands. I'll never forget this
strong man crying because he couldn't do anything to help that tiny
creature. There have been lots of examples over the decades of his affinity
for animals, and it is one thing that makes me fall in love with him all
over again every time such a situation arises. :>)

Of course we both mourned all the scrub trees and a few established trees we
had to cut in order to build our house. Every chance we get, another tree
gets planted. Maybe its just a respect for life in general.

Blessings,
Bonnie (SW OH-zone 5)