Re: shopping

Re > Actually there have been some changes in Canadian laws and the amount
of
> items non-taxed being shipped out.

Yes, that does have an effect.  However, Gifts are allowed.  On her end she
can receive $75 worth of gifts and not pay a broker's fee.  She has always
been able to send us gifts, though I don't know any $ stipulation.  She did
it the way she always has.  She's been in Canada since she finished her
Masters in England except for a few years here and there teaching at Tulane
in NOLA, Alabama, a yr at Berkeley and a stint in Africa.  The new laws you
refer to are the ones she said go into effect on 12/12/3, so they don't
affect what she is trying to ship NOW.  The problem now, before the 12th, is
USA Customs.

Re > ... someone on this list is from Canada...  That was Brian, but he's
been gone a long time and I tried to reach him months ago, but he's changed
his e-address.

Re  >I try to give something they will like or use, personally for them....
My family makes it easy by drawing up wish lists.  They are just
suggestions; you don't have to buy from the list.  But if you're in doubt,
it really helps.  And you always put way more on your list than you're worth
so you still won't know what you're getting.

Kitty