From: Donna  [mailto: justme@prairieinet.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 12:48:16 -0600
Subject: RE: [CHAT] snow

Not really..... snow acts like an insulator as well as
preserving<br>moisture... so a plant buried all winter will survive
better than one on<br>bare soil... freezing, thawing, freezing,
question that zone 6 thing - really!!<br>> <br>> ---------- Original
Message ----------------------------------<br>> >We have about 11 inches
- didn't get plowed out until about 3:30<br>> yesterday<br>> >afternoon.
I had a hard time persuading my old man not to go out and<br>> shovel
it<br>> >himself - he just doesn't like to admit he's too old at 77 to
do such<br>> things.<br>> >Of course he doesn't mind using the "too old"
excuse to avoid<br>gardening<br>> >chores that he never did like in the
are warm and cozy, and didn't really need to go anywhere<br>so<br>>
no<br>> >problem.<br>> > Several social events scheduled for Saturday
garden club's decorating of Lasdon house until<br>> >tomorrow. We got
out before the snow hit on Friday afternoon and got<br>> everything<br>>
>needed for that event, and Saturday I boned and stuffed a
happen. But this is really too<br>> early for<br>> >this kind of
weather. And they think they have "upgraded" us to zone<br>6<br>>
yet?<br>> >Oh well.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com