Re: throw away society

Godi,
Glad you found the movies you were looking for.  I know that for many,
perhaps most, people, hitting the stores and sharing Christmas cheer while
you're at it is just as much a part of the season as the giving of those
gifts.  But personally, I've had been through too many Christmases of not
being able to find just what someone wanted.  This year many of the items my
family wanted were CDs, DVDs, and video games.  It's a drag to get to the
store and find the movie he wants in dvd, but only in regular format, not
widescreen.  Or the video game he wants is only in stock for nintendo and he
has Play Station 2. And she wants the latest Dido recording, but is 2002 the
most recent?  And no, not the 2000 version of Rocky & Bullwinkle, the newer
one.

Then there's the 40 pound 'portable' workbench.  If Sears is willing to
offer it at the same price online with free shipping direct to your door,
why would I want to go to the maul and have to carry the 40-pounder half a
mile to the far reaches of the parking lot?

I find whatever possible online and then go to some stores for what must be
purchased locally.  Franks didn't have the Norfolk Island Pine I was looking
for but they had a big clearance (75%off) on floating candles and half off
on baskets.  My niece didn't ask for candles, but I know she loves them.  I
filled a basket full of floaters of all kinds and even found a bowl to float
them in. Inexpensive enough so's I could add them to her CDs and DVDs
without busting a budget.   So I had fun shopping without knocking myself
out trying to find elusive items.

I realize online shopping doesn't appeal to everyone, but it has served me
well and allows me to enjoy the season more.

Kitty