Re: hum.....busy, busy, busy

Just rub it in!!
Cathy
On Sunday, December 14, 2003, at 10:21 AM, Theresa wrote:

I moved the tangelo, and hibiscus for better exposure/location. And the
camellia was just waiting for it's new home and out of the pot. The other
plants I moved for the wall (california fuschia, geum, couple of iris,
agastache, agave, a white rugosa rose, mahonia, etc).

And hey- the sun is out again!!

Theresa

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Donna
Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2003 7:09 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: [CHAT] hum.....busy, busy, busy

Hum Theresa....

I can't even think about gardening when it is 20 degrees and snow on the
ground.:) Grass mowing, I think not, maybe shoveling.....

Sounds like you got quite a bit of work done today. Did yo move all
those plantings due to the wall or better exposure?

Donna

Well- The rain stopped and it was in the mid-50's.   I did get the
lawn
mowed, and moved a couple of plants that needed relocating to finish
my
wall.  I also transplanted my tangelo (it never has liked it's
original
home.) Hopefully it will enjoy the nice loamy soil I had brought in.
also,
it will get a bit of shade in the PM (apparently this variety likes
that
in
our dry heat).  I also transplanted the blue hibiscus tree to where
the
tangelo was(hibiscus wanted more sun), and FINALLY got my "Purity"
Camellia
japonica planted (where the hibiscus came out).  Quite proud of all
that!
still have to move a purple fountain grass and pineapple sage before I
can
work on my wall some more.... but at least we are getting there!

Theresa
Sac, CA