OT: to my friends

Dear friends:  This was sent to me by my dearest friend in the whole world and I wanted to pass it on to all of you...

Fwd: I think you will really like this, so make sure you read all the way down to the last sentence...enjoy

There once was a little girl who had a bad temper. Her mother gave her a
bag of nails and told her that every time she lost her temper, she must
hammer a nail into the back of the fence. The first day the girl had
driven 37 nails into the fence. Over the next few weeks, as she learned
to control her anger, the number of nails hammered daily gradually
dwindled down. She discovered it was easier to hold her temper than to
drive those nails into the fence. Finally the day came when the girl
didn't lose her temper at all. She told her mother about it and the
mother suggested that the girl now pull out one nail for each day that
she was able to hold her temper. The days passed and the young girl was
finally able to tell her mother that all the nails were gone. The mother
took her daughter by the hand and led her to the fence. She said, "You
have done well, my daughter, but look at the holes in the fence. The
fence will never be the same. When you say things in anger, they leave a
scar just like this one. " You can put a knife in a person and draw it
out. It won't matter how many times you say I'm sorry, the wound is
still there. A verbal wound is as bad as a physical one.

Friends are very rare jewels, indeed. They make you smile and encourage
you to succeed. They lend an ear, they share words of praise and they
always want to open their hearts to us.

Show your friends how much you care. Send this to everyone you consider
a FRIEND, even if it means sending it back to the person who sent it to
you. If it comes back to you, then you'll know you have a circle of
friends. Happy Friendship week! You are my friend and I am honored. Now
send this to every friend you have!! And to your family. Please forgive
me if I have ever left a hole in your fence.

Melody