Re: shopping/scent

I think there are, indeed, differences in odor perception between the sexes. Either that or all the scientific work on pheromones has been a fraud. But there are also wide variations among each of the sexes, as we all know, with regard to almost everything that is considered a sex-related characteristic--not simply reaction to or perception of odor. And many of these reactions can appear to be similar in both sexes at any given time.

For example, my second wife and I had similar negative reactions when riding the elevator with a woman who over dosed herself with musk-based perfume. I don't know if our reactions were based on the same sexual-sensory perception or not, and I not sure it matters very much.