From: Pamela J. Evans [mailto: gardenqueen@gbronline.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 19:12:34 -0600
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT: to my friends

Just read this again. It's so great!! Your friendship is a true jewel
in<br>my spiritual treasure chest. In that respect, I'm quite rich -
----------------------------------<br>From: "Melody"
<mhobertm@excite.com><br>Reply-To: gardenchat@hort.net<br>Date: Mon, 15
Dec 2003 05:49:51 -0500 (EST)<br><br>>Dear friends: This was sent to me
by my dearest friend in the whole world and I wanted to pass it on to
all of you...<br>><br>>Fwd: I think you will really like this, so make
sure you read all the way down to the last
sentence...enjoy<br>><br>>There once was a little girl who had a bad
temper. Her mother gave her a<br>>bag of nails and told her that every
time she lost her temper, she must<br>>hammer a nail into the back of
the fence. The first day the girl had<br>>driven 37 nails into the
fence. Over the next few weeks, as she learned<br>>to control her anger,
the number of nails hammered daily gradually<br>>dwindled down. She
discovered it was easier to hold her temper than to<br>>drive those
nails into the fence. Finally the day came when the girl<br>>didn't lose
her temper at all. She told her mother about it and the<br>>mother
suggested that the girl now pull out one nail for each day that<br>>she
was able to hold her temper. The days passed and the young girl
was<br>>finally able to tell her mother that all the nails were gone.
The mother<br>>took her daughter by the hand and led her to the fence.
She said, "You<br>>have done well, my daughter, but look at the holes in
the fence. The<br>>fence will never be the same. When you say things in
anger, they leave a<br>>scar just like this one. " You can put a knife
in a person and draw it<br>>out. It won't matter how many times you say
I'm sorry, the wound is<br>>still there. A verbal wound is as bad as a
make you smile and encourage<br>>you to succeed. They lend an ear, they

e words of praise and they<br>>always want to open their hearts to
everyone you consider<br>>a FRIEND, even if it means sending it back to
the person who sent it to<br>>you. If it comes back to you, then you'll
know you have a circle of<br>>friends. Happy Friendship week! You are my
friend and I am honored. Now<br>>send this to every friend you have!!
And to your family. Please forgive<br>>me if I have ever left a hole in
Excite! -

most personalized portal on the
sign-off this list, send email to majordomo@hort.net with
Evans<br>Kemp TX/zone