From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Judy L Browning
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 9:29 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] surgery

Dear Judy,

Thanks for the kind message.

Update on Tony:

Tony is failing fast.  He is under Hospice Care now and on full-time
oxygen and morphine to help his breathing.  They brought a hospital bed
in for him today and we have it in the family room.  Some of the time he
is coherent. Never complains.  He is just waiting quietly for the Lord
to take him.
(He's ready to care for the Lord's garden !!).    I am so very sad to
this wonderful man in my life who has been so very good to me and loved
me all these years.  However, I know that he will be in a much better
place with the Lord Whose Love is greater that all we can give..

It has been so difficult for me to see him in this condition, but the
drugs are keeping him peaceful. He is in no pain (thank God).  The
Hospice nurse informed us today that if any of the family wants to see
him they should come now because he is gradually going into coma.  He
recognizes friends that come now and always has a little smile.  It does
him so much good to see those he loves.

Last night there were 20 adult friends and some children here filling
our home singing Christmas Carols.  Two guys had guitars, a gal played
flute and
another the violin.    It was wonderful for all of us and especially for
Tony.  His little toes just kept time with the music and he relished in
all these wonderful friends doing this for him.  They trimmed his
Christmas tree for him and decorated his front window (which was always
a pride to him).  I am so happy that he had his Christmas.

We covet your prayers.

P.S.  Perhaps you could forward this to your CHAT group....