Re: Pineapple Sage

In a message dated 12/17/2003 1:40:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Zemuly@aol.com writes:

> gardenqueen@gbronline.com writes:
> We'll see how the pineapple sage does.
> Pam, don't worry about the pineapple sage!  It's a lot colder here than in
> Texas, and mine comes back like "gang busters" every spring.

Pineapple sage is not hardy here in zone 5 (6?), but it is one of my favorite
 plants.  The only complaint I have with it is that it blooms so late that it
sometimes gets frost-bitten before it has bloomed.  This year I planted one
in a big pot, hoping to keep it over the winter, but the strong winds blew it
over and pretty much demolished it.  In past years I have rooted cuttings that
did well for a while, but it has always succumbed to red spider before the
winter was over.  Anyway it remains a must-have each spring.  Auralie