From: Kitty [mailto: kmrsy@comcast.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 08:54:02 -0500
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT: to my friends

> idiots here at work who like to run the air conditioner in
December.<br><br>Well, Pam, you just described me, sort of. Our weather
in neIN fluctuates<br>and althought today's high will only be the high
20s with no sun, a week or<br>so ago it was low 50s and very sunny. When
it is sunny and 50s our building<br>where I work absorbs that heat and
the thermostat showed 78 degrees in the<br>front office where the only
windows are. My office is in the center of the<br>building, no windows
and I have 3 track lights bearing down on me with a hot<br>computer next
to me, which all yields a temperature of about 82 degrees in<br>my
office with no air circulation in the afternoon after
lunch.<br><br>About 3pm I went to the front office and switched the air
on for a few<br>minutes. As I walked away, the secretary got up and
turned it back to<br>heat - which I knew she would, but didn't expect it
that quickly. So I<br>turned back and switched it again. She started
yelling that the heat<br>hadn't been running most of the day and I told
her I had to have just a<br>little air circulation, just 5 minutes,
please. She relented sullenly. I<br>did turn it off after 5 minutes. If
the boss wants to pay me to sleep,<br>fine, cuz that's all he'll get
from me in an 80+ degree office with no air<br>circulation.<br>-----
Original Message ----- <br>From: "Pamela J. Evans"
<gardenqueen@gbronline.com><br>To: <gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent:
Wednesday, December 17, 2003 7:32 AM<br>Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT: to my
just set a little<br>> higher than most. The joke here at work is they
know it's over 80<br>> degrees when I take my jacket off. Anything under
of the year, that works out just fine! It doesn't help that we have<br>>
idiots here at work who like to run the air conditioner in
out the hot chocolate and peach brandy -

back to work.....<br>><br>> ---------- Original Message
----------------------------------<br>> From: "Melody"
<mhobertm@excite.com><br>> Reply-To: gardenchat@hort.net<br>> Date: Wed,
17 Dec 2003 02:16:00 -0500 (EST)<br>><br>> >Pam: Staying warm is not
really an option for me at this time of<br>> >year...I get cold about
mid-October and don't really warm up again until<br>> >July...that's the
consequence of chronic anemia (it's a hereditary<br>> >thing, not an
iron deficiency)...today it was in the low 20's but with<br>> >winds
gusting in excess of 20 miles an hour, it brought the wind chill<br>>
>factor down to single digits...tough driving on the interstate too
with<br>> >winds like that...but the silver lining is that it freeze
dried all the<br>> >roads in just a few hours...it has been very
rainy/drizzling here for a<br>> >couple of days and things were very wet
and icy slick...but bitterly<br>> >cold winds did the trick and though
we are cold, we are dry! So it is<br>> >safe to drive once again! Thanks
for the kind words, though...the<br>> >thought is appreciated! :-)<br>>
beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious."<br>> >--Albert
Einstein<br>> ><br>> > --- On Tue 12/16, Pamela J. Evans <
gardenqueen@gbronline.com > wrote:<br>> >From: Pamela J. Evans [mailto:
gardenqueen@gbronline.com]<br>> >To: gardenchat@hort.net<br>> >Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 19:12:34 -0600<br>> >Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT: to my
friends<br>> ><br>> >Just read this again. It's so great!! Your
friendship is a true jewel<br>> >in<br>my spiritual treasure chest. In
that respect, I'm quite rich -<br>> >thanks to<br>friends like you!!
Original Message<br>> >----------------------------------<br>From:
"Melody"<br>> ><mhobertm@excite.com><br>Reply-To:
gardenchat@hort.net<br>Date: Mon, 15<br>> >Dec 2003 05:49:51 -0500

iends: This was sent to me<br>> >by my dearest friend in the whole world
you will really like this, so make<br>> >sure you read all the way down
who had a bad<br>> >temper. Her mother gave her a<br>>bag of nails and
told her that every<br>> >time she lost her temper, she must<br>>hammer
a nail into the back of<br>> >the fence. The first day the girl
had<br>>driven 37 nails into the<br>> >fence. Over the next few weeks,
as she learned<br>>to control her anger,<br>> >the number of nails
hammered daily gradually<br>>dwindled down. She<br>> >discovered it was
easier to hold her temper than to<br>>drive those<br>> >nails into the
fence. Finally the day came when the girl<br>>didn't lose<br>> >her
temper at all. She told her mother about it and the<br>>mother<br>>
>suggested that the girl now pull out one nail for each day
that<br>>she<br>> >was able to hold her temper. The days passed and the
young girl<br>> >was<br>>finally able to tell her mother that all the
nails were gone.<br>> >The mother<br>>took her daughter by the hand and
led her to the fence.<br>> >She said, "You<br>>have done well, my
daughter, but look at the holes in<br>> >the fence. The<br>>fence will
never be the same. When you say things in<br>> >anger, they leave
a<br>>scar just like this one. " You can put a knife<br>> >in a person
and draw it<br>>out. It won't matter how many times you say<br>> >I'm
sorry, the wound is<br>>still there. A verbal wound is as bad as a<br>>
They<br>> >make you smile and encourage<br>>you to succeed. They lend an
how much you care. Send this to<br>> >everyone you consider<br>>a
FRIEND, even if it means sending it back to<br>> >the person who sent it
to<br>>you. If it co

mes back to you, then you'll<br>> >know you have a circle
of<br>>friends. Happy Friendship week! You are my<br>> >friend and I am
honored. Now<br>>send this to every friend you have!!<br>> >And to your
family. Please forgive<br>>me if I have ever left a hole in<br>>
personalized portal on
>sign-off this list, send email to majordomo@hort.net with<br>>
>the<br>>message text UNSUBSCRIBE
>sign-off this list, send email to majordomo@hort.net with
Excite! -

>The most personalized portal on the Web!<br>> ><br>>
>To sign-off this list, send email to majordomo@hort.net with the<br>>
message text UNSUBSCRIBE

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com