From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of David Franzman
Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 9:57 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] earthquake

Thanks Pam for asking.  We're fine and 200 miles north of the quake.
Some members of my family were in the thick of it including another
sister.  My niece lives in Paso Robles (I think my family is cursed) and
she lost anything breakable that could fall of a shelf but is otherwise
fine.  I have a cousin (geologist) who lives in the mountains of Big Sur
just north of San Simeon (Hearst Castle) which was the epicenter.  We
haven't been able to get a hold of them.

It's been a pretty interesting year here in the golden state.  Fires,
quakes, sharks, the Regurgitator:  If I was a paranoid kind of guy I
would somebody has a vendetta against us.