Re: Happy Holidays to All

Dan, I had to look up kiffel.  Oh my!  My mouth waters just reading the recipe!
Nut Kiffel

Kiffle Dough:
1 pound of butter
1 pound of cream cheese
2 egg yolks
2 teaspoons of baking powder
a pinch of salt
2 1/4 cups of flour

Mix all of the above together. Make into balls the size of a walnut. Refrigerate.

After chilled overnight, roll them with a rolling pin on powder sugared rolling board until they are a flat
circle. Add filling by placing it in the center of the flattened circle
of dough. Then fold and lightly pinch ends. Place on baking sheet and
bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Spray baking sheets for easy

Kiffle Nut Filling Recipe:
1 pound ground walnuts
Milk... enought to moisten
1/2 cup brown suger (packed)
1 beaten egg
1 teaspoon of vanilla

Mix then heat nuts, milk, and sugar. Mix in beaten eggs and vanilla. Let mixture cool.